Special events (Marina Nemat, Audition and London Theatre trip)

Hey guys ! It's been a few weeks I've not written any articles but here I am today to write about what's been going on since I last wrote to you on my blog.

I love acting and watching plays, the theater world really inspires me. Even though, I haven't taken any acting lessons I signed up for my school play's audition. The play performed is from the film "Stage Door" (1937). I'd prepared a monologue that was from the film "The Great Gatsby" (2013), it's actually my favourite film at the moment.

A few weeks later, on the 24th of September I went to the audition. I was a little bit nervous but very excited. The audition lasted all day, in the morning we had a little warm up and we presented our selves. Then we made little improvisations in groups.
At lunch time, I went to eat at Subway with my friends. In the afternoon, we acted our monologues in front of everyone. It was a scary but I managed to do it. Finnaly, at the end of the day, we did some sight reading from the play.
It was a really fun day and I really enjoyed myself.

The next week, I found out that unfortunatly, I hadn't been chosen for the play. Of course I was a bite disappointed but at least I can continu my horse riding on saturday mornings and I will certainly audition for the play next year.






























On the 27th of september, Marina Nemat, the author of the novel "Prisonner of Tehran" came to visit us at my school. Marina Nemat spent two hours with us, first she talked about her life story and her experiences. Then we asked her a few questions and finally she signed our books.

I think she is an amazing and very courageous woman. It was so strange to see her and realise that she had actually lived what I'd read in the book "Prisonner of Tehran". I really enjoyed spending time with her and talking to her, it was an awesome day.


I've decided to go on a London trip on the theme of Theatre with my school mates. I'm really excited and motivated. It will take place at London in April, I will be travelling by plane. I'll be staying with my friends near Saint Paul's Cathedrale and I'm going to take part in a three day acting workshop, visit a University and see four theatre plays. I've handed in my application so now I just have to wait and see if I'm chosen !!!

For the moment, at my new school, every thing is going great. I've made loads of friends and I no longer lose myself in the corridors.

I can't believe it, it's nearly the holidays, just three more days to go !!!
During the holidays, I'm going to England to visit my grandmother. We're going to go on holiday to Devon. On the way there we're going to visit Stone Hendge and I'm going to see a friend of mine with whom I'm going to go shopping. I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!

Hope everything is great for you.

Write to you later

PS : I've read loads of books during the summer and I'm bounding to present them to you in my next article.

CR

Commentaires

Enregistrer un commentaire

Articles les plus consultés